Ascitex™ Multi-Purpose Drainage Procedure Pack
The Ascitex™ Multipurpose Drainage Procedure Pack contains all the items necessary to safely and conveniently complete the procedure in the department or ward. It is indicated for percutaneous introduction of a drain for paracentesis, the drainage of pleural fluid or similar cavity drainage.
- MULTIPURPOSE DRAIN with soft, kink resistant catheter material, improves patient comfort and prevents unnecessary catheter replacement caused by harder materials.
- NITINOL GUIDEWIRE with soft, non-traumatic platinum tip to ensure safe delivery of the catheter into the abdominal cavity or organ.
- SECURE LOCKING SYSTEM to give reliable pigtail locking without cumbersome ‘keys’ or bulky hubs. Self-adhesive removal instructions (for addition to the patient’s notes) are provided with every locking drain. Non-locking version also available.
- SELF-ADHESIVE DRAIN FIXATION is included in every kit to ensure comfort and extra security.
- COMPLETE PROCEDURE TRAY including syringes, needles, drapes, swabs and ascites drainage bag with tap.
The Transit-Pelletsmethod™ provides information on total and segmental transit time as well as normal and slow transi...Learn more
The Accoat™ Guide Wire is made from a stainless steel core and can be supplied with or without a PTFE coat. It is ava...Learn more