Bulbar Stent (BUS)
A minimally invasive option for the management for bulbar urethral strictures.
The BUS is a bulbar urethral stent intended to remain in place for a long indwelling period, to open the occluded urethral passage and allow spontaneous urination.
The BUS has a large calibre, high radial force body and soft sphincteric ends designed to conform to the shape and dimensions of the normal bulbar urethra.
- Dynamic sphincteric segment made to prevent sphincteric dysfunction which may cause incontinence.
- Fully covered by a polymeric coating designed to prevent tissue in-growth into the lumen, reduce encrustation, stone formation and calcification.
- Easy and safe removal - stent is retrieved by unraveling it into a thread-like strip.
- High flexibility - an extremely strong yet flexible body ensures minimal irritation and maximum patient comfort.
- Easy placement - the advanced delivery system allows for insertion under vision and/or fluoroscopy.
- Intended to remain in place for a long indwelling period with the intention to eliminate the need for recurrent procedures.
- Stent size - 45 Fr diameter in lengths of 50mm, 60mm and 80mm
- An 80mm version mounted on the delivery system in the reverse direction is also available. This has been designed to be implanted in those rare cases where the stenosis is in proximity to the external sphincter or when it reaches the verge of the distal bulbar, meeting the penile urethra.
Allium Bulbar Urethral Stent. An Updated Long-Term Multi-Center Study with New Treatment Modality for Bulbar Urethral Stricture - view here
Recanalisation of urethral strictures with new-generation temporary covered biocompatible metal endoprostheses - view here
From patients undergoing Radical Prostatectomy for localised prostate cancer, up to 18-20% will develop urethro-vesical...Learn more
During the last two decades, the use of prostatic stents has started to become an alternative to indwelling catheters ...Learn more
The Accoat™ Guide Wire is made from a stainless steel core and can be supplied with or without a PTFE coat. It i...Learn more