Haemorrhage Occluder Pin (HOP)
A simple solution to a very severe problem: The Haemorrhage Occluder Pin (HOP) is indicated for the control of localised severe haemorrhage of the presacral area during pelvic surgery.'Presacral bleeding during pelvic surgery can be a very severe problem. When it cannot be controlled by conventional methods, it can result in massive haemorrhage and even death.’1
- A biocompatible material commonly used for internal implants. The serrated shaft of the pin offers a secure placement into the sacrum
Choice of sizes
- Available in 10mm & 14mm to tackle bleeds of varying size and location
Malleable applicator for efficient placement
- The HOP comes preloaded in an easy to use applicator. The long shaft of the applicator is malleable and provides optimal visibility for placement
- A list of clinical references is available here
- Stolfi et al. 'Newly Designed Occluder Pin for Presacral Hemorrhage.' From the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio
Frontal and lateral x-ray of a 70-year-old patient in whom two pins were used to stop presacral haemorrhage, taken three months after the procedure.²
To view a demonstration of a practical application of the HOP click the video below. You will be redirected to the Surgin website. Scroll down to locate the video.
Also available: The Salgado™ Driver
- Available in 2 sizes and is reusable
- Curved section rotates around the pubic symphysis
- Minimal force required to quickly drive the HOP into the sacrum
1. Wang Q., Shi W., Zhou W., He Z., "New Concepts in Severe Presacral Haemorrhage During Proctectomy," Arch Surg., 1985:1120:1013-1020.
2. Stolfi VM, Milsom JW et al. "Newly designed Occluder Pin for Presacral Hemorrhage" Dis Colon Rectum, Feb 1992.
URIGLOW® Transilluminating Ureteric Stents provide rapid identification of the lower pelvic ureter during open and lap...Learn more
The Transit-Pelletsmethod™ provides information on total and segmental transit time as well as normal and slow t...Learn more
A minimally invasive option for the management for bulbar urethral strictures.
The BUS is a bulbar ...Learn more
During the last two decades, the use of prostatic stents has started to become an alternative to indwelling catheters ...Learn more
The Salgado™ Driver has been developed to aid in an accurate and secure placement of the Haemorrhage Occluder Pin...Learn more
The Accoat Guide Wire is made from a stainless steel core and can be supplied with or without a PTFE coat. It is availa...Learn more